Notes from our Stake RS Presidency:
- every sister is welcome!
- we especially want to reach out to moms with kids at home and encourage them to come – nursery provided!
- you don’t have to dress up–come in exercise clothes
- you can come late
- you can attend regularly or now and then
- you can watch it in the RS room with noisy toddlers or babies too young for nursery or just if you want to
- you can also listen online–scriptureclass.com (go to Olympus stake–SIS class)
In conjunction with our effort to bless the lives of refugees in our own community, we will be doing something a little extra special this year. Please read the following from our stake humanitarian committee.
We have a great opportunity to serve together this fall as the Olympus Stake Relief Society. We will be helping a large refugee community whose teenagers attend Cottonwood High School. This is the same program through which we collected and donated 159 backpacks loaded with school supplies this summer. THANK YOU! They have been so appreciative. A food pantry has been created at Cottonwood High School, where refugee students can bring their backpacks and come pick up food items for themselves and their families. It is rare for them to be able to purchase fresh fruit on their own so this fall we will be helping them by donating fresh fruit to the pantry every Tuesday. You may bring your donations to Sisters in Scriptures Class on Tuesdays and we will have containers for you to put them in. We will take them straight to the pantry after class, and the students get to come pick them up that same afternoon!
Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
Thank you all for helping us stock a pantry for members of our community.